Fuel and lubricant distributors have been undergoing a number of significant changes to their business in recent years. Volatile oil prices, change in consumer demand due to the pandemic, as well as distributor consolidation have all made it more important than ever for companies to have a highly efficient supply chain network to avoid eroding profits.
Ian Hobkirk, Founder and President, and Steve Spratt, Senior Consultant, of Commonwealth Supply Chain Advisors will discuss ways to make your business more competitive, resilient, and profitable by optimizing your supply chains.
Two Study Group members Ron Huntington, Senior Director of Supply Chain Operations at Wilcox + Flegel, WA and Ed Looney, Executive Vice President from Texas Enterprises, TX will also be sharing recent first-hand experiences with redesigning their supply chain and the success that they have witnessed as a result.
Topics will include:
- First-hand Study Group member experiences.
- Reducing operating expenses and improving service levels.
- Optimal number and best geographic locations for distribution centers.
- Possible consolidation into fewer distribution centers.
- Repackaging fluids strategy: whether this should be done in a centralized location or multiple locations closer to demand.
- Inventory strategy: which products should be stocked in which locations, and how to handle slow-moving product.
- Transportation strategy: leveraging fleet assets efficiently and ensuring that deliveries get made on time.
- Making the best use of labor and space inside the four walls of the warehouse.
The webinar is designed for Presidents, CEOs, owners, general managers, operations, transportation managers and IT managers. Jed Brewer will moderate the call. The complimentary webinar is co-sponsored by Study Groups and The Below the Line Club and will last approximately one hour. We invite you and/or members of your team to participate.