Join The Fight Against Hunger
Help +42 Million Americans In Need By Accepting SNAP/EBT
Accessing affordable and nutritious food is a challenge for many Americans. As a business owner, one of the easiest ways to give back to your community is to accept SNAP benefits.
WHAT IS EBT?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a federal nutrition program administered by USDA-FNS that helps eligible consumers purchase healthy foods using their Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards.
SNAP at a glance…
- As of September 30, 2020, there were 250,920 firms authorized to participate in SNAP.
- SNAP redemptions were approximately $78 billion in FY2020, a 40% increase from FY2019.
- Convenience stores comprised 44% of SNAP-authorized retailers in FY2020.
Plus, on October 1, 2021, the USDA permanently increased SNAP benefits by +25% for the first time in 45 years!
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP
In food deserts where low-income communities have limited access to supermarkets or large grocery stores, families rely on smaller retailers, such as convenience stores and small grocers, to provide them with nutritious food on a regular basis.
With more than 42 million Americans in need, you can help join the fight against hunger by accepting SNAP at your business and making healthy food available to your community.
HERE’S HOW EBT CAN HELP YOU
With the recent SNAP benefit increase, accepting EBT could mean new opportunities for your business, including:
- INCREASED REVENUE: Increased SNAP benefits means more money to spend at SNAP-authorized retailers, PLUS more residual sales of non-SNAP items.
- INCREASED TRAFFIC: More SNAP recipients in your community will rely on your business to provide their families with nutritious foods on a regular basis.
- INCREASED RECOGNITION: Providing a needed service for your community can increase awareness of and loyalty to your business.
HERE’S HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Now is a great time to start accepting SNAP benefits! Want to learn more about the SNAP program and and how to get started with EBT? View our free EBT resources today, including our step- by-step guide on getting started with accepting EBT.
Already in the fight against hunger as an active SNAP retailer? That’s great! If you are paying by transaction, you might notice higher fees than what you have previously experienced for EBT processing given the increase in SNAP transactions. With goEBT’s EBT processing, you pay only one FLAT monthly fee for unlimited EBT transactions.
No surprise charges.
No misleading agreements.
No statement fees.
For more information,
contact Cindy Stewart